Participants will develop their program assessment skills in this one-day workshop. They will broaden their understanding of the continuous improvement of student learning through the design of assessment processes, development of measurable student outcomes, and application of data collection and data reporting methods. Workshops are facilitated by highly experienced faculty with wide-ranging experience in assessment and evaluation. This workshop focuses primarily on ABET Criterion 2: Program Educational Objectives, Criterion 3: Student Outcomes and Criterion 4: Continuous Improvement.
This workshop is interactive and those attending will work in small groups applying the concepts learned throughout the day. Participants will receive a workshop booklet containing all slides and reference materials.
Participants leave the workshop able to:
- Identify key elements of a functional assessment process.
- Clarify the similarities and differences between course and program assessment.
- Make student outcomes measurable with the development of performance indicators.
- Understand the methods and measures to assess program educational objectives and student outcomes.
- Develop scoring rubrics to assist in evaluating abstract learning outcomes.
- Understand the pros and cons of various data collection methods.
Here is a brief outline of the day:
- ABET 101
- Fundamentals of Assessment
- Principles of Good Practice in Assessment
- Context for Assessment
- Developing Measurable Student Outcomes
- Performance Indicators: Their Importance
- Continuous Improvement: Assessment Methods to Collect Evidence of Student Learning
- Continuous Improvement: Data Collection, Planning & Data Reporting
If you've already developed your program's objectives and outcomes, and you're looking to take the next steps in your assessment plan, this workshop is for you.
$495, includes lunch and all materials