The Fellow of ABET Award was established by our Board of Directors in 1988 to recognize individuals who have given sustained, meaningful service to applied science, computing, engineering, or engineering technology education and to their respective professions through their work in accreditation.
The following criteria are used in the selection process:
- Impacting contributions to ABET, such as
- improvement of the accreditation process;
- creative work to enhance our relationship with societies, universities, institutes, industry, government, and the public;
- Inspiring leadership that positively affects technical education.
- Formal volunteer involvement in ABET as a program evaluator, commission member, committee member, and/or representative director for at least five years.
- Participation as a member of ABET review teams and contributions to the criteria, policies, and/or procedures related to accreditation, whether through ABET or through participating society activity.
- Service in an ABET capacity in addition to the commissions.
A maximum of five candidates are presented annually to our Board of Directors by the Awards Committee. Awardees are informed of the selection in September and are honored at awards ceremony held in conjunction with the fall meeting of the Board of Directors.