What is the Readiness Review?
The Readiness Review ensures that your program is prepared for the accreditation review process before investing the time and resources for the on-site visit.
If your program is seeking initial accreditation and is housed in an institution with no currently ABET-accredited programs in your commission, you will be required to undergo a Readiness Review prior to submitting a formal Request for Evaluation (RFE).
If you are not sure whether you need to do a Readiness Review, contact ReadinessReview@abet.org.
- Request a Readiness Review (RREv) – Inform ABET of your intent by completing the online RREv (one per institution) preferably before September 1. (Preferred browser for the RREv link: Google Chrome. Alternatives include Mozilla FireFox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.)
- Readiness Review Report – Submit one Readiness Review Report along with one transcript per program by October 1 of the year before you plan to submit a Request for Evaluation (RFE).
- Transcript – Include a scanned copy of one graduate’s official transcript from the most recent graduating class with the Readiness Review Report by October 1. All materials must be submitted electronically via the ABET provided access(which will be provided when the submitted RREv is accepted). No submission after the October 1 deadline nor an email submission will be accepted.
To allow ample time for completing the Readiness Review Report and transcript submission via the ABET provided access by the October 1 deadline, early completion of the online RREv form is strongly recommended.
Preparing the Readiness Review report
Use the applicable Readiness Review Template for your accreditation commission to prepare a Readiness Review Report.
Templates for the 2019-20 Readiness Review Cycle:
Please refer to the Information for Programs Requesting Readiness Review for:
- A Readiness Review timeline
- Guidance on preparing a Readiness Review Report
- Information on Readiness Review outcomes
- Post-Readiness Review options for institutions/programs
Your program may receive one of three non-binding recommendations as the outcome of a Readiness Review:
- A recommendation to submit the Request for Evaluation (RFE) in the immediate upcoming accreditation review cycle.
- A recommendation to postpone the RFE submission unless substantive changes in the Self-Study preparation and documentation are made.
- A recommendation not to submit the RFE in the immediate upcoming accreditation review cycle because it is likely to be rejected.
If your program completes a Readiness Review and continues in the review process, please note that you must use the applicable Self-Study Template with paying attention to the applicable Criteria for the Review Cycle you would like to initiate to prepare a final Self-Study Report that is due July 1.
Readiness Review fees
The fee for a Readiness Review is US $1,000 per program for a given commission.