Fundamentals of Program Assessment | Pre & Post Symposium | April 11 & 14
Add to your 2018 Symposium experience and learn critical skills for program assessment
Working in small groups, you learn to design assessment processes, develop measurable student outcomes and apply data collection and data reporting methods.
Our facilitators are highly experienced faculty, with wide-ranging experience in assessment and evaluation. This workshop focuses primarily on ABET Criterion 2: Program Educational Objectives, Criterion 3: Student Outcomes, and Criterion 4: Continuous Improvement.
At the workshop, you will receive a booklet containing all slides and reference materials so you can review what you’ve learned and apply it to your program back at home.
The workshop prepares you to:
- Identify key elements of a functional assessment process.
- Clarify the similarities and differences between course and program assessment.
- Make student outcomes measurable with the development of performance indicators.
- Understand the methods and measures to assess student outcomes.
- Develop rubrics to assist in evaluating student performance in achieving student outcomes.
- Understand the pros and cons of various data collection methods.
- Review an example of reporting your results.
Here is a brief outline of the day:
- Principles of Student Learning
- Context for Assessment
- Review of Program Educational Objectives
- Performance Indicators: Making Student Outcomes Measurable
- Assessment Methods to Collect Evidence of Student Learning
- Continuous Improvement: Data Collection, Planning & Data Reporting
Wednesday, April 11 or Saturday, April 14, 2018
San Diego, CA
Register opens: December 11, 2017 – April 6, 2018
Price $595 includes lunch and all materials