The Fellow of ABET Award was established by the ABET Board of Directors in 1988 to recognize individuals who have given sustained, quality service to applied science, computing, engineering, or engineering technology education and to their respective professions through the activities of ABET.
The following criteria will be used in the selection process:
- Substantive contributions to ABET, such as
- improvement of the accreditation process
- creative work at the interfaces between ABET and its constituent societies, universities, institutes, industry, and government and the public
- long-range leadership that positively affects technical education.
- Formal volunteer involvement in ABET as a program evaluator, commission member, committee member, and/or representative director for at least five years.
- Participation as a member of ABET visiting teams and contributions to the criteria, policies, and/or procedures related to accreditation, whether through ABET or through participating society activity.
- Service in an ABET capacity in addition to the commissions.
A maximum of five candidates are presented annually to the ABET Board of Directors by the Awards Committee. Awardees are informed of the selection in September and are honored at awards ceremony held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of the ABET Board of Directors.
- Nominations are accepted year-round.
- The Nomination Form and references must be received at ABET Headquarters by May 31 annually.