You play a critical role in our mission of improving the quality of technical education worldwide. Without you and other experts who serve as PEVs, commissioners, facilitators, and mentors, we could not perform our work as the premiere global accrediting agency in applied science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology education.
Log in to MyABET to find everything you need to support your work as an ABET volunteer.
Each year in the spring, you’ll need to:
- update your personal profile, professional biography, and contact information
- sign the ABET a conflict of interest statement
- update the dates of your availability for service
Contact us if you need help with your login credentials. Here’s a quick review of frequently accessed resources and links.
The annual cycle of service.
Update your status each spring:
- Update your personal profile, professional bio, and contact information
- Complete the ABET Code of Conduct agreement
- Inform us of your availability for visits
- Inform us of any new conflicts-of-interest
Complete all required annual training and professional development:
- Recertification training every 5 years
- Pre-visit preparation prior to each visit
- ABET Symposium and workshops – registration fee waived
On-site visits and 360-review of each visit:
- Evaluators are assessed by the program and team chairs
- Evaluators assess other team members and the team chair
- Results are provided to evaluators at the completion of the review cycle
Accreditation criteria, policies, and procedures.
Our Accreditation Criteria, the APPM, and on-site review workbooks and worksheets for program evaluators and team chairs are available on the accreditation documents page.
Travel and expense reports.
Help with accreditation visits and scheduling.
For questions about accreditation visits and scheduling, contact your Team Chair or the our Accreditation Department.
Program Evaluator training.
Program evaluators take several different types of training courses throughout their PEV careers. The Program Evaluator Training page offers a succinct explanation of the types of PEV training, who takes each course, when, and why. If you have questions about training, contact our Training Manager. For questions about society-specific training or requirements, contact your society liaison.
This brief online training is required for all PEVs assigned to a visit. It consists of three learning modules and one Proficiency Assessment, used to award PEVs with credit for completion.
Review the entire accreditation process from beginning to end in this step-by-step infographic.