A. What To Expect At Face-To-Face Training
The PEVC Face-to-Face Training is a one-and-a-half-day experiential workshop. You will be seated at a table with other PEV Candidates for your commission. You will act as a visit team for the simulated Upper State University program. You will continue your evaluation of the Upper State University program. Please bring a printed copy of your completed online training pre-work (PEV Visit Report and/or PEV Worksheet) AND a portable computer with you. You will use both during the Face-to-Face Training.
Through lectures, exercises, role-plays, and team meetings, you will learn to:
- Plan an effective, cordial, efficient site visit.
- Interact with your team during a site visit.
- Determine which criteria are relevant to determining the accreditation action given a specific situation or evidence.
- Determine if the simulated program complies with a criterion. If not, determine the level of compliance and the accreditation action.
- Conduct interviews of faculty, staff, and students.
- Write an exit statement to the institution.
- Conduct an informal debrief with the program head and exit meeting with leaders of the institution.
- Complete Program Evaluator forms.
- Demonstrate “in practice” effective use of the competencies in the PEV Competency Model.
Day 1 of Face-to-Face Training will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and conclude by 5:30 p.m. at ABET Headquarters in downtown Baltimore, MD. Please bring a portable computer for the Face-to-Face Training. There will be a “homework” assignment to be completed as directed on Day 1 of Face-to-Face Training. You will also need a portable computer to submit this homework electronically.
Day 2 of Face-to-Face Training will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and conclude by 12:30 p.m. at ABET Headquarters in downtown Baltimore, MD. ABET will make arrangements for you to travel back to the Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) Airport directly after Day 2 of Face-to-Face Training.
Dress is business casual.
The end of training evaluations will be similar to the performance appraisal forms completed by the team chair and fellow program evaluators. All evaluation forms will be completed online at the close of Day 2 Face-to-Face Training. Your evaluation results will be posted on the Training Secure Website a few days after the Face-to-Face Training. You will receive notification when they are posted.