The Fundamentals of Program Assessment Workshop is an online workshop designed with a focus on small group interaction to learn design assessment processes, develop measurable student outcomes and apply data collection and reporting methods. The exercises and examples are from associate’s, bachelor’s and/or tech-focused programs. These can be applied to other program types and/or timeframes.
A combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning will allow you to work in teams and ask questions of experienced facilitators, while completing assignments on your own. The synchronous sessions will meet for three hours each day for three days.
The Workshop Prepares You to:
- Identify key elements of a functional assessment process.
- Clarify the similarities and differences between course and program assessment.
- Make student outcomes measurable with the development of performance indicators.
- Understand the methods to assess student outcomes.
- Develop rubrics as one method to score student performance in achieving student outcomes.
- Identify the pros and cons of various data collection methods.
- Decipher and report results.
The workshop includes interactive elements. Participants are expected to have speakers and a camera to maximize learning and engagement.
June 14-16, 2022
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. ET
Check your local time here.
This workshop takes place in an online, virtual format using ABET’s learning management system, D2L Brightspace and Zoom.
$695 per person if you register by June 10, 2022.
$800 per person if you register after June 10, 2022. Registration closes June 12, 2022.