ABET will hold a Fundamentals of Program Assessment Workshop at The American Society for Engineering Education Northeast Section (ASEE-NE) 2020 Annual Conference at the University of Bridgeport in Bridgeport, Connecticut. The conference theme of “The Path to Impactful Innovation in 21st Century Engineering Education” will focus on trends and changing landscape of engineering education.
Working in small groups, you learn to design assessment processes, develop measurable student outcomes and apply data collection and data reporting methods.
Our facilitators are highly experienced faculty with wide-ranging experience in assessment and evaluation. This workshop focuses primarily on ABET Criterion 2: Program Educational Objectives, Criterion 3: Student Outcomes, and Criterion 4: Continuous Improvement.
At the workshop, you will receive a booklet containing all slides and reference materials so you can review what you’ve learned and apply it to your program back at home.
The Workshop Prepares You to:
- Identify key elements of a functional assessment process.
- Clarify the similarities and differences between course and program assessment.
- Make student outcomes measurable with the development of performance indicators.
- Understand the methods and measures to assess student outcomes.
- Develop rubrics to assist in evaluating student performance in achieving student outcomes.
- Understand the pros and cons of various data collection methods.
- Review an example of reporting your results.
Here is a Brief Outline of the Day:
- Principles of Student Learning
- Context for Assessment
- Review of Program Educational Objectives
- Performance Indicators: Making Student Outcomes Measurable
- Assessment Methods to Collect Evidence of Student Learning
- Continuous Improvement: Data Collection, Planning & Data Reporting
April 18, 2020
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
University of Bridgeport
Bridgeport Campus – Arnold Bernhard Arts & Humanities Center
84 Iranistan Ave.
Bridgeport, CT 06604
$595 per person, $545 per person for those attending both the conference and the workshop.
Price includes lunch and all materials.
For a list of hotels, please visit the conference website.