The Fundamentals of Program Assessment Workshop is an online workshop designed with a focus on small group interaction and individual assignments to introduce the context for program assessment, examine assessment processes, develop measurable outcomes and apply data collection and reporting methods. The exercises and examples are from associate’s, bachelor’s and/or tech-focused programs. These can be applied to other program types and/or timeframes.
A combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning will allow you to work in teams and ask questions of experienced facilitators, while completing assignments on your own schedule. The synchronous sessions will meet for 90 minutes each week for six weeks.
The Workshop Prepares You to:
- Identify key elements of a functional assessment process.
- Clarify the similarities and differences between course and program assessment.
- Make student outcomes measurable with the development of performance indicators.
- Understand the methods to assess student outcomes.
- Develop rubrics as one method to score student performance in achieving student outcomes.
- Identify the pros and cons of various data collection methods.
- Decipher and report results.
The workshop includes interactive elements. Participants are expected to have speakers and a camera to maximize learning and engagement.
This six-week online workshop takes place from February 23 through March 30, 2022, with live sessions from 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. EDT every Wednesday.
Check your local time here.
This workshop takes place in an online, virtual format using ABET’s learning management system, D2L Brightspace, and Zoom.
$695 per person when you register by February 18, 2022
$800 per person after February 18, 2022