We are pleased to invite you to participate in an upcoming ABET Accreditation Seminar in India! The event is being presented in collaboration with IUCEE (Indo Universal Collaboration for Engineering Education) on July 11 at the International Center Goa.
The seminar’s main objective is to help the attendees to understand the basic concepts of accreditation, the requirements of ABET’s accreditation process, and the process for requesting an initial program review.
This one-day seminar will be conducted by Winston Erevelles, adjunct accreditation director of engineering at ABET and dean of the School of Science, Engineering and Technology at St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, Texas.
Please register before June 7, 2019. Space is limited and participants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions? Contact Kantha Reddy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 11, 2019
The International Center Goa, India
ABET Accreditation Seminar ONLY: Rs. 3,000 (includes food and beverage)
Both the seminar (July 11) and IUCEE Summit (July 12-13): Rs. 9,000
Session I | 9:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Welcome, Introduction, and Desired Results
- What is Accreditation?
- What are General Accreditation Criteria?
- What are Program Criteria?
- What are Program Educational Objectives? Why are They Important to ABET Accreditation?
- What are Student Outcomes? How are They Different from PEOs? Why are They Important to ABET Accreditation?
Coffee Break | 10:45 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Session II | 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- What is Continuous Improvement?
- What are Assessment and Evaluation?
- In-Depth Review of General Engineering Criteria
- In-Depth Review of Engineering Program Criteria
Lunch | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Session III | 2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Is My Program Ready For Accreditation?
- What is a Readiness Review?
- How Does a Program Request ABET Accreditation?
- What is a Program Self-Study Report? How Should a Program Prepare a Self-Study Report?
Coffee Break | 3:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Session IV | 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Where Does an ABET Visiting Team Come From? How is an ABET Visiting Team Formed?
- How Does an ABET Visiting Team Prepare for a Review?
- How is an ABET Site Visit Conducted?
- What Happens After the Team Leaves the Institution Site?
- How is the Accreditation Action Determined?