Professional Development Hours
Participation in ABET workshops and events may earn you Professional Development Hours (PDHs). PDHs are educational units used to fulfill continuing education requirements for licensure, certification, or tenure, for instance. In most cases, 1 hour of an event equals 1 PDH.
Below is a breakdown of which of our events are eligible for PDHs, and how many you can earn at each event.
- Program Assessment Workshops [7 PDHs]
- ABET Symposium [14 PDHs]
- Self-Study Development Workshops [7 PDHs]
- Webinars [1 PDH]
By Application or Invitation Only
- Institute for the Development of Excellence in Assessment Leadership (IDEAL) [30 PDHs]
- New Team Chair Training [3 PDHs]
- New Facilitator Training [30 PDHs]
- Pre-Visit Preparation [3 PDHs]
- Program Evaluator Candidate Training [32 PDHs]
- Program Evaluator Refresher Training [3 PDHs]
- Team Chair Refresher Training [3 PDHs]
- Training for Accreditation Visits Outside the U.S. [3 PDHs]
- Training Webinars [2 PDHs]
Check With Your State Board or Certifying Body
Some states and certifying bodies require pre-approval of professional development hours and documentation requirements also vary, so be sure to check with your appropriate agency.
For Professional Engineers
The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) maintains a state-by-state list of continuing professional development requirements as well as links to the state boards for more information.
You are responsible for maintaining the documentation for your PDHs. You can request a certificate of completion after you attend any of our eligible workshops, training, or symposia to keep for your records.
Please contact the ABET Professional Services Department for more information.