Changes During the Period of Accreditation
What Changes Matter?
Changes Related to ABET Policy
- Program name
- Methods or venues of program delivery (such as changing from predominately in-residence to online delivery)
- Institutional authority to provide post-secondary education
- Status of institutional accreditation
- Decision not to continue accreditation
- Decision to terminate a program
Changes Related to Criteria
- Program educational objectives
- Student outcomes
- Continuous improvement
- Institutional support
- Program criteria
How to Report Changes
We have a well-defined process for relaying changes:
- Have your institutional representative responsible for ABET-accredited programs notify us of any changes.
- Provide us with detailed information about the nature of each change and its impact on the accredited program.