Changes During the Period of Accreditation
Changes to your program could affect how you are accredited. Ensure that your program matches our guidelines by reporting changes listed below through the Notification of Program Change tool in the AMS.
Please read the Accreditation Policy and Procedures Manual for detailed instructions.
What Changes Matter?
Changes Related to ABET Policy
- Program name
- Methods or venues of program delivery (such as changing from predominately in-residence to online delivery)
- Institutional authority to provide post-secondary education
- Status of institutional accreditation
- Decision not to continue accreditation
- Decision to terminate a program
Changes Related to Criteria
- Program educational objectives
- Student outcomes
- Continuous improvement
- Institutional support
- Program criteria
How to Report Changes
Have your institutional representative responsible for ABET-accredited programs submit a Notification of Program Change, which may be accessed via the “Program Change” tab in the left-hand toolbar in the AMS.
You will be asked to provide details about the nature of each change and its impact on the accredited program.
If you have any questions, or need support in submitting your notification, please contact Jane Emmet.