Confidence to build a safer world
ABET has a rich history of global engagement in support of our mission: promoting and improving the quality of technical education worldwide.
We actively work to support improvement of technical education worldwide by:
- Assisting in the establishment and continuous improvement of national accrediting systems via Memoranda of Understanding (MOU)
- Supporting the mutual recognition of accrediting systems worldwide via Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRA)
- Providing general assistance and training through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Recognizing the substantial equivalency of academic programs
- Directing the accreditation of academic programs by ABET outside of the U.S.
Our international activities support our mission to assure confidence in the career preparation of professionals in applied & natural science, computing, engineering and engineering technology education programs worldwide.